The Art of the Moment: Haiku and Haibun
Saturday, April 29, 2017 • 9:00am-4:00pm
Come celebrate spring and National Poetry Month in specialized workshop that offers you a day to detach from the distractions and stresses of everyday life to relax, reflect, and write using two ancient and time-honored forms of Japanese poetry: haiku and haibun. (Note: a haibun consists of one or more paragraphs of prose written in a concise, imagistic style, and one or more haiku. No prior knowledge or experience is required).
Gather with like-minded creative writers in a beautiful space set in the woods of Bernardsville, New Jersey to:
- Read, learn about, and write haiku and haibun.
- Learn about incorporating prose and haiku to create haibun.
- Participate in instructive and generative workshop sessions, as well as in personal writing time that includes outdoor activities in lovely and peaceful natural settings.
- Discover how writing haiku & haibun can inform and improve your longer poems.
- Translate human and natural world relationships into intensely focused written language that is life-affirming, spontaneous, and unpretentious.
$110.00 includes the full day of writing activities,
a vintage (perfectbound) collector’s issue of Tiferet,
a free one-year digital subscription,
and a nutritious lunch.