The Art of the Moment: Haiku and Haibun
Sunday, October 22, 2017 • 9:00am-4:00pm
This specialized workshop offers you a day to detach from the distractions and stresses of everyday life to relax, reflect, and write using two ancient and time-honored forms of Japanese poetry: haiku and haibun.
Gather with like-minded creative writers in a beautiful space set in the woods of Bernardsville, New Jersey to:
- Read, learn about, and write haiku and haibun (a haibun consists of one or more paragraphs of prose written in a concise, imagistic style, and one or more haiku — no prior knowledge is required).
- Learn about incorporating prose and haiku to create haibun.
- Participate in instructive and generative workshop sessions, as well as in personal writing time that includes lovely and peaceful natural settings.
- Discover how writing haiku can inform and improve your longer poems.
- Translate human and natural world relationships into intensely focused written language that is life-affirming, spontaneous, and unpretentious.
Fee for full day, various handouts, and nutritious lunch is $110.00.
Questions? Call 908-889-7223 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org