All participating poets will receive their choice of a FREE copy of Diane Lockward’s The Crafty Poet or a FREE copy of Maria Mazziotti Gillan’s Writing Poetry To Save Your Life, and a FREE digital subscription to Tiferet upon meeting your sponsorship goal.
Once again, in honor of National Poetry Month, Tiferet Journal is offering a program similar to the excellent 30/30 Project launched by Tupelo Press.
Our hope for the program is three-fold:
1) To encourage you to write as a daily practice.
2) To expose your writing to a larger audience.
3) To expand Tiferet’s audience and help raise funds to support our continued publication.
There’s no fee to you to join our program. By joining, you commit to writing a poem a day (and yes, it can be first draft quality). You also commit to finding friends, families, and other organizations to sponsor your writing through donations (suggested goal: $100 for the month). This is similar to walks for breast cancer and other medical diseases but focused on encouraging creativity through the written word.
So here’s what you do:
- Email email@example.com. Write POEM-A-THON APPLICATION in the Subject Line. Send us a 50-70 word bio, your photo, and no more than 3 poems, all included in the body of the letter. All participants will commit to getting sponsorship donations from others (instructions will be provided when you are accepted into the program). No attachments, please! You will be notified if you are accepted.
- Beginning April 1, you will receive a daily prompt to inspire your writing. Email one poem a day to firstname.lastname@example.org with DAILY POEM-DATE in the subject line (like DAILY POEM-APRIL 1). We’ll handle the technical logistics of posting your poem on our website. We will also create a special Facebook page where you can post your poems (please no photos), and communicate with other participants. And yes, if you miss our April 1 launch, you can still apply to join the poem-a-thon until April 6.
- You find sponsors by spreading the word about your poems on your blog and social media platforms, emailing friends and family, or even picking up the phone and calling them! We will provide helpful language for you to use.
- Your poems and bios will be shared extensively on Tiferet’s broad social media platform. You will also receive a FREE copy of Diane Lockward’s The Crafty Poet or a FREE copy of Maria Mazziotti Gillan’s Writing Poetry To Save Your Life, and a FREE digital subscription to Tiferet upon meeting your sponsorship goal.
What’s in it for you?
Besides those free gifts, you will also receive an audience for your writing. Community support for a month-long daily writing challenge. And the satisfaction of knowing you’re helping foster intelligent and sensitive creation in a world that sorely needs it.
Poets from all over the globe. Read their bios.
Intimidated by the thought of writing a poem a day?
For those who have never challenged themselves to write 30 poems in 30 days, it can be one of the most exhilarating experiences of one’s life. It allows a poet a chance to write all those poems he or she has put on the backburner. It is also a helpful way to generate poems to polish off a lingering manuscript. There are so many good reasons for a poet to participate!
Donations can be made via credit card by clicking the “Sponsor A Poet” button below. Please complete the form and be sure to enter the name of the poet you are sponsoring and the dollar amount. Then enter your payment information and click the “Sponsor” button at the bottom of the form to complete your donation.