Maximize Your Member Profile
We are going to start sharing tips and “how to” posts on how to maximize your membership on the new site. For those of you who have been with us for some time have noticed a number of enhancements and new features not previously available on the other site. These posts will become part of the FAQ section on the site. If there are every things you’d like to know how to do we invite you to submit your questions here so we can write a post that will help everyone.
This first post is to help you set up and fully maximize your member profile on the site.
As a member on the site you have the ability to include as much (or as little) information about yourself that you would like.
The Member Biography Fields Include
- Photo (avatar)
- Zip Code
- Birthday (new members must fill this out at the time of signup)
- Twitter URL
- Facebook URL (Personal OR Fan Page)
- Website URL
- Location (where you live)
- About Me
To Edit Your Member Profile
- Log into the site with your user name and password
- Go to “My Account” –> “Profile” –> “Edit” (in a dark, gray bar at the top left)
Here are some helpful tips to make the most of all member profile fields
- Upload a great photo of yourself (if you have an account registered with Gravatar the photo assigned to that account will pull through to the Tiferet website)
- Include your Twitter URL in this format http://twitter.com/TiferetJournal
- Format your Facebook URL like this http://www.facebook.com/michelle.mangen
- **Facebook Note** If you do not have the vanity URL (with your name) your URL will look something like this (the XX will be numbers): http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=XXXXXXXXX
- Your website URL can be either be entered as http://TiferetJournal.com OR www.TiferetJournal.com
- About Me section can include as much information as you’d like to share with others. This is your opportunity to share what you are passionate about, your beliefs, your works, etc. If you have a website link you’d like to include in your bio box it should be entered in this format so that it’s a “live” link: http://TiferetJournal.com
Once you’ve made your desired changes you can see how your profile looks to other members by returning to the top, left corner and choosing “My Account” –> “Profile” –> “Public”
What do you think of the new changes to the member profile section? Are there other areas you could use assistance with? Let us know in the comments below.
This is a small representation of the high-quality writings you’ll find in every issue of TIFERET.
We receive no outside funding and rely on digital issues, workshop fees, and donations to publish. If you enjoy our journal’s verbal and visual offerings, we hope you’ll consider supporting us in one of these ways.Click Here to Purchase Digital Issues